OPTION 1: ONLiNE Course only
Each course consists of comprehensive coverage of the designated topic - usually 8 units that teachers work through. This is great for the individual teacher who can work through this in their own time.
For teachers from a year group in a school or something similar, we suggest doing the units together at a weekly session - 1 unit per week to keep the momentum going and complete the training in 8-10 weeks
Each unit follows a similar format
1. A learning goal
2. Read some information
3. Watch a video model of the learning point in the unit
(20-30 minutes for 1-3)
4. Go away and practice the learning point with your students (2-3 lessons during the week)
5. Return to the unit for the review (10 min)
This includes - share successes
- share / problem solve roadblocks
- set short term goals
On to the next unit.
COST: Stages 1&2 and Stage 3 $99+GST per licence per teacher
The Struggling Older Reader $139 + GST (Includes $80 of resources)
The cheapest option.
Great for in-your-own-time at-your-own-pace learning.
No classroom release time required to do your training.
You have to be motivated to keep at it (we provide email support to keep you going).
Working with a group in a school? You need to have some strong leadership / coordination to make sure it happens. We can help with that.
OPTION 2: ONLINE Course PLUS Webinar
The Start-Up Webinar provides for a clear explanation of the rationale behind SharpReading followed by modelling and practice of the routines. We cover the first 4 units in the start-up but teachers are still required to work their way through all the units and do the in-class practices and reviews.
COST: Stages 1&2 and Stage 3 - $155+GST per licence per teacher per course
The Struggling Older Reader $195 + GST (Includes $80 of resources).
* The start-up webinar provides an event to get the training started
* Takes the pressure off the coordinator to get buy in from the staff
* Clear explanations and practice with the ‘expert’ before hitting the classroom for the teacher
* For groups of teachers within a school, we can organise the webinar times to suit you - morning (8am-12noon), afternoon (12noon-4pm), or two 2hour sessions on two days after school (4pm-6pm or 6pm-8pm) - teachers can attend from their homes provided they have a reasonable internet connection.
* The usual tech issues that are associated with this sort of communication
* Not quite the same interaction as with a face-to-face workshop
OPTION 3: ONLiNE Course PLUS Workshop
For the individual teacher this is dependent on whether a public workshop is being run in your area.
If you have a significant group of teachers within your school we are prepared to organise an In-School workshop just for you.
Min numbers are 6. 10 would be better. Small schools, consider joining in with a neighbouring school.
* As for Option 2.
* Face-To-Face interaction creates even more of an event with the ‘expert’ which should result in even better buy-in from your staff.
* Clear explanations and practice before hitting the classroom for the teacher
* Additional travel costs
* Requires TODs
COST: Stages 1&2 and Stage 3 - $195+GST per licence per teacher for Stage 3.
Struggling Older Reader $235+GST (Includes $80 of resources).
ADDITIONAL COSTS: Return airfares, Rental car, AirB&B accommodation.
OPTION 4: ONLiNE Course PLUS In- School Support
This is the whole school option where the school has decided to implement the SharpReading approach school-wide. It usually includes a commitment to two years of ongoing training in Stages 1-5 and identification and training of in-School Trainers (or coaches) to ensure the integrity of the implementation and longevity of the programme is maintained.
Start-Up Teacher Only Day(s)
Guidelines for the School Co-ordinator to manage the ongoing ONLiNE training
In-School Follow-up coaching
Training of In-School Trainers to maintain the programme in the school
Include your teacher aides at no additional cost