Who Doesn't Want Better Reading Results!
SharpReading is a collection of well researched, tried and tested training courses and teacher resources aimed at delivering quality classroom reading programs for beginning to advanced readers. Our focus is on teaching levelled reading groups, commonly referred to as guided reading.
Whether you are a beginning teacher looking for routines to get you going, an experienced teacher looking to rejuvenate your teaching of reading, or a principal or literacy leader looking for school-wide consistency, you will find solutions here.
Our 20 plus years of training knowledge and expertise will provide you with everything you need to run a reading program that boosts student engagement and significantly raises student achievement in reading.
That's what we all want!
ACCESS COURSES IN 3 EASY STEPS
1. Select a Course
Choose the training course that will best boost your reading program.
- Guided Reading Courses in Decoding and Comprehension
- Specialist Courses for Phonics and the Struggling Older Reader
2. Consider Learning Options
Choose your preferred learning method
- Online Courses - start now
- Webinars | Workshops - face-to-face
- At your School - get everyone on the same page
What is Guided Reading?
Teaching reading in a small, levelled group is a perfect way for the teacher to focus on each students needs and accelerate their progress.
CHOOSE THE TYPE OF TRAINING THAT SUITS YOU BEST
Start Teacher Training Now
- Instant access - at your own pace
- Transfer new learning straight into the classroom.
- Everything you need - video modeling, scripts, printable templates and resources
Webinars and Workshops
- An event to get you started
- Get immersed quickly
Start-Up Webinars for all courses are held twice a term (Half Day)
Start-Up Workshops in NZ, Australia, Hong Kong and Shanghai (Whole Day)
Everyone Training Together
Customised School-Wide Plans with clear direction for all levels
- Start-Up Workshops (TOD)
- In-class support with the expert
- Develop in-school coaches
Reading Tests - Informal Prose Inventories
A testing procedure for reading ages 6-15 yrs. Establish reading benchmarks to measure progress. Guide your teaching by identifying decoding and comprehension strategy strengths and weaknesses.
Informal Prose Inventory ONLiNE
A free training course to ensure you get the implementation and the analysis of this testing procedure right.